DAVID R. OLSON, PE, LEED AP, FASHRAE
Forensic HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection Engineering
David has 35 years of experience in the consulting mechanical engineering field. His experience and knowledge of mechanical system design, construction and system operation provides a natural foundation for the consulting and forensic engineering that he provides. Dave performs various consulting assignments for building owners and operators, conducts peer review and reports for enhanced project success, conducts investigative and forensic engineering services, and prepares mechanical system code reviews for numerous governing code authorities in the Rocky Mountain region. He possesses a spirit and enthusiasm for sustainable and code complying mechanical systems. Throughout his career he has steadfastly promoted energy efficient building construction, and has routinely recommended high performance mechanical systems for the benefit of his clients. He understands key mechanical system objectives, and is patient during discovery and trial preparation. He prepares well written, detailed and organized reports.
Dave has always enjoyed performing engineering, troubleshooting and investigating root causes for mechanical system deficiencies at existing buildings. Dave will perform a thorough investigation of your existing building through knowing eyes and ears. He offers practical understanding and recommendations. His knowledge of codes and standards provides a strong basis for satisfactory and timely document review and projected system function. He has a keen legal aptitude and a strong and confident presence. David is well respected, consistently honest, and has a strong sense of responsibility.
- Excellent communication skills, years of report writing and project site investigations.
- Broad knowledge of HVAC, plumbing and fire sprinkler systems.
- Thorough and detail oriented.
- Well organized, far reaching and comprehensive written reports.
- Exhaustive knowledge of governing codes and standards.
- Determined to identify and promote strategic energy efficiency opportunities.
- Dedicated to Client schedule, specified needs and desired results.
- Honest, hard working and responsible.
- Confident and strong presence.
- Security Life Building, Denver, Colorado, Bennington & Reeve
- Gore Creek Place Residences, Vail, Colorado, Brownstein Hyatt Farber & Schreck
- DPS Credit Union, Denver, Colorado, White and Steele
- 312 Benchmark Drive, Telluride, Colorado, Cozen OcConnor
- McKenzie Place, Fort Collins, Colorado, Godin & Baity
- Horizon Pass Lodge, Avon, Colorado, Sherman & Howard
- Cherry Creek Gun Club, Denver, Colorado, Arnold & Arnold
- 373 Penstemon Road, Dillon, Colorado, Sweetbaum Sands Anderson
- Glasshouse, Denver, Colorado, McKenzie Rhody Hearn
- National Archives and Research Administration, Broomfield, Colorado, Kelly & Walker
- Two Elk Restaurant, Vail, Colorado, Vail Resorts and Development
- Ramapo Bergen Animal Refuge, Oakland, New Jersey, Ramapo Bergen Animal Refuge
- Westminster City Hall, Westminster, Colorado, City of Westminster, Colorado
- Fruita Recreation Center, Fruita, Colorado, Western Engineering and Research Company
- First Interstate Building, Denver, Colorado, Cushman & Wakefield
- Embassy Suites Hotel, Denver, Colorado, Embassy Suites Hotels
- American Butchers Meat Processing Facility, Beaver City, Nebraska, Continental Western Insurance Company
- Prowers County Jail, Lamar, Colorado, Prowers County, Colorado
- University of Colorado Recreation Center, Boulder, Colorado, Construction Analytics
Historic Structure Assessment
- Prowers County Courthouse, Lamar, Colorado, Andrews & Anderson
- Colorado State Fairgrounds, Pueblo, Colorado, Andrews & Anderson
- Bessemer Historical Museum, Pueblo, Colorado, Andrews & Anderson
- State of Colorado Executive Residence, Denver, Colorado, Andrews & Anderson
- Highlands Ranch Mansion, Highlands Ranch, Colorado, Andrews & Anderson
- Washington Park Boathouse, Denver, Colorado, Andrews & Anderson
Mechanical Due Diligence
- Denver Merchandise Mart, Denver, Colorado, Pahl Pahl Pahl
- Duncan Aviation Finishing Facility, Battlecreek Michigan, Tectonic Management Group
- Crowley County School District Mechanical Assessment, Ordway, Colorado, Andrews & Anderson
- Archdiocese of Denver Cathedral, Denver, Colorado, David Owen Tryba Architects
- River Valley Ranch, Carbondale, Colorado, Crystal River Limited
- Lockheed Martin Office Building, Centennial, Colorado, Glenbrook Capital Associates
- Heartland Bank, Denver, Colorado, Sholar Group
- Grand County Courthouse, Hot Sulphur Springs, Colorado, Andrews & Anderson
- Denver Club Building, Denver, Colorado, Intergroup Architects
- Auraria Higher Education Center, Arts Building, Denver, Colorado, Eric Bartczak Architects
- Colorado School of Mines, Hill Hall Renovation, Golden, Colorado, RNL Design
- Cuyahoga Falls Recreation Center, Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, Barker Rinker Seacat Architecture
- Mountain Thunder Lodge, Breckenridge, Colorado, Vail Resorts and Development
- Cessna C-10 Service Center, Wichita, Kansas, Tectonic Management Group
- Ritz-Carlton, Vail, Colorado, Vail Resorts and Development
- Long Lake Restroom/Concession Building, Arvada, Colorado, City of Arvada, Colorado
- Alexandria Animal Hospital, Alexandria, Virginia, Wunk Spurlock Architects
- Solaris, Vail, Colorado, Solaris Development
Building Code Review
- Anschutz Inpatient Pavilion, Denver, Colorado, Precision Engineering
- Brighton Recreation Center, Brighton, Colorado, Architecture Unlimited
- Telluride Medical Center, Telluride, Colorado, C-West Code Consultants
- Kaiser Westminster, Westminster, Colorado, Code Consultants Group
- Colorado State University Natural Resource Research Center, Fort Collins, Colorado, Colorado Inspection Agency
- Barbara Davis Center, Denver, Colorado, BB2 Consulting Engineer
- Colorado State University, Student Recreation Center, C-West Code Consultants
- Saint Joseph Hospital Surgicare, Denver, Colorado, Denver Building Department
Smoke Control Special Inspection
- Broomfield Police Training and Detention Center, Broomfield, Colorado
- Colorado State University, Academic Instruction Building, Fort Collins, Colorado
- Kit Carson Correctional Center, Burlington, Colorado
- Bent Country Correctional Center, Las Animas, Colorado
- Denver Reception and Diagnostics Center, Denver, Colorado
- University of Colorado, Boulder, B.S.C.E. Degree, 1979
- University of Colorado, Denver, Mechanical Engineering Department, Adjunct Instructor, 1993 – 1995
Arizona, California, Colorado, Kansas, Nebraska, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming
Professional Societies and Trade Organizations:
- American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers, Region 9 – Director and Regional Chair 2005-8
- American Society of Plumbing Engineers
- National Fire Protection Association
- International Code Council, Mechanical Plans Examiner, Plumbing Plans Examiner
- State of Colorado, Electric Board, Denver, Colorado, 2013 – 2019